Looking really great, but old problems persist
I've yet to spend more than an hour on the game, but some things really show.
- Great graphics, even better than the first issue. There were some neat effects, like blood splatter on the screen.
- Some smooth animation, though *still* the same kind of animation dating back to the first FU game.
- Moves are now faster, more fluid. I really loved viciously ripping enemies apart with Aerial Rave moves.
- Still good choices for the music.
However, you just can't deny these.
- Hard, even on Mortal. I've spent over 500 hours on DMC3 DMD (seriously), but if you want to make a Flash game (a medium which is more open to casuals), make sure that easy mode is actually... you know, easy? Not everyone feels like playing for challenge all the time. And there's this annoying bomb enemy that resembles Hell Wraths in DMC3. Problem: they STICK with melee enemies, and have about the SAME health as them. It would be fine if we can kill them quick with guns, or had a functional lock on. But no, you basically have to kill them, which make them explode on you.
- Dated mechanics. How come enemies can still go through the walls? Haven't you noticed it's not fun when enemies get pushed all the way outside the stage, so you'll end up spamming Down + Attack waiting for enemies to come closer, get hit then loop? It was really annoying with the green enemies in the demo, and it still is.
That's it for now. I'll have to give it some more playtime and see.
Nothing too new or interesting
Aside from the portal getting swarmed by Pong clones, your Pong game has no sense of curving shots. Moving the slider up or down while hitting the ball does nothing to change the direction of the ball when you return it.
Good game ruined by flaws
I'm sorry, but I just can't take this. I loved the original, but this one was whacked. Reasons:
- Bugs. Lots of them. The sword sometimes doesn't return. I went through walls. And why the heck do I die even if I see I still hav life? And why don't the green orbs replenish my health or DT gauge at all times?
- Slow paced. The original's sword combo was a lot faster, but this was snail pace.
- I can NOT understand why this runs extremely slow on my computer, even if I run it on the local flash player.
- DEATH BY FALLING!? IN AN ACTION GAME? It would have been okay if the controls weren't broken or if this was a platformer game. I fell so many times on mission 2 because I couldn't get the guy to go left or right after jumping from the hanging poles.
Broken, just broken. Remove the death by falling and I'll give this game another go.
Awesome and creative
I really loved the style of this game, but I got stuck at Level 11. All blanks must be occupied, right?
Doesn't deserve the score.
Seriously, 3.9 for a calculator with background music? Anyone can do this in 30 minutes, tops. I smell vote padding.
Wth is vote padding?
Awesome and innovative
Now THAT is what I call a very fun game! I'm tired of point and click, and this is an extremely refreshing concept.
Oh, and I topped the daily chart on Impossible first try. ;)
4+ score? Daily feature? Am I missing something? The thing was slow, humor is so crude. Would've been so much better if we were controlling Link and let us use weapons, instead of clicking buttons to play movies.
Cool game, but HARD
This one's got potential (although IMO not really original). I like how the traps work and stuff, specially the sounds and sound effects. One problem though: it's too hard.
You should moderate the increase in difficulty, like how the Game of Disorientation. Start with a few, simple traps, then gradually make it harder by increasing the traps.
A big leap for ActionScripting
How the hell did this not get any award!? This thing is amazing, and should open up more doors for online Flash games.
Frankly, I'm amazed by this.
Uy, marami rami rin pala mga Pinoy dito sa NG, hehe.
- Style. Asterisk world, LOL
- Nice style on background.
- Sound and music are missing.
- Jumping isn't tight (and it's low). At the peak of the jump, the asterisk twitches.
Ei, pano mo nagawa pag nagpress ng "a", ipeplay yung buong jumping animation instead na titigil agad siya pagnarelease yung "a"?
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.