Haha, neat idea.
I expected the button to magically tell the person you'd call, but I forgot the "SHUFFLE" part. Really great voice acting, I didn't mind the grainy drawing at all.
Just isn't as funny as the older ones.
Kinda lost it, mate. :( Too much fart jokes.
Animator vs Animation + Icon Wars = Animator vs Animation II. Holy crap, this is hilarious. I loved your first one, but this was way better, because he made his way to the desktop. And the Firewall joke cracks me up. XD
Looking really great, but old problems persist
I've yet to spend more than an hour on the game, but some things really show.
- Great graphics, even better than the first issue. There were some neat effects, like blood splatter on the screen.
- Some smooth animation, though *still* the same kind of animation dating back to the first FU game.
- Moves are now faster, more fluid. I really loved viciously ripping enemies apart with Aerial Rave moves.
- Still good choices for the music.
However, you just can't deny these.
- Hard, even on Mortal. I've spent over 500 hours on DMC3 DMD (seriously), but if you want to make a Flash game (a medium which is more open to casuals), make sure that easy mode is actually... you know, easy? Not everyone feels like playing for challenge all the time. And there's this annoying bomb enemy that resembles Hell Wraths in DMC3. Problem: they STICK with melee enemies, and have about the SAME health as them. It would be fine if we can kill them quick with guns, or had a functional lock on. But no, you basically have to kill them, which make them explode on you.
- Dated mechanics. How come enemies can still go through the walls? Haven't you noticed it's not fun when enemies get pushed all the way outside the stage, so you'll end up spamming Down + Attack waiting for enemies to come closer, get hit then loop? It was really annoying with the green enemies in the demo, and it still is.
That's it for now. I'll have to give it some more playtime and see.
Nothing too new or interesting
Aside from the portal getting swarmed by Pong clones, your Pong game has no sense of curving shots. Moving the slider up or down while hitting the ball does nothing to change the direction of the ball when you return it.
Good game ruined by flaws
I'm sorry, but I just can't take this. I loved the original, but this one was whacked. Reasons:
- Bugs. Lots of them. The sword sometimes doesn't return. I went through walls. And why the heck do I die even if I see I still hav life? And why don't the green orbs replenish my health or DT gauge at all times?
- Slow paced. The original's sword combo was a lot faster, but this was snail pace.
- I can NOT understand why this runs extremely slow on my computer, even if I run it on the local flash player.
- DEATH BY FALLING!? IN AN ACTION GAME? It would have been okay if the controls weren't broken or if this was a platformer game. I fell so many times on mission 2 because I couldn't get the guy to go left or right after jumping from the hanging poles.
Broken, just broken. Remove the death by falling and I'll give this game another go.
Another music on the calibur of Show No Tears. :D And yeah, can't wait for DMC4, though I have no means to play it. :( DMC4's OST rocks as well, I would love it if you could make something that's inspired by the "The Viper" track.
What program do you use to create these stuff?
You could always try it on the PC if you can't get it for the PS3/360, mate.
I hear the internal team is handling the port to PC this time so it won't be as 'messy' as DMC3 on PC.
I'll definitely try something Viperish (I love that track too!) for a boss battle in FU2i2, so you'll hear something like that eventually. :D
As for the program, I use FL Studio. :)
Thanks for the review, man.
This is probably one of my most favorite tracks on NG Audio, if not the most. I really hope you could produce similar tracks with this feel, I so want to use it for my DMC-ish Flash game.
This, IMO, is a great composition, and is actually along the leagues of God of War.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.